Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ghosts | Laura Marling



*I claim no ownership or rights over this video.

Lyrics:
"Opened up his little heart
Unlocked the lock that kept it dark
And read a written warning
Saying I'm still mourning
Over ghosts
Over ghosts
Over ghosts
Over ghosts that broke my heart before I met you”


Artist: Laura Marling

Song: Ghosts

This particular song sounds like a cathartic attempt at music by Laura. I got introduced to this artist through ‘My Manic and I’. A beautiful voice with an effortless play of strings. This free-spirited, non-conformist artist considers all her work a very personal experience which is very clear in the vivid imagery she details out in this song.

It’s one of those songs you can escape into. Despite being a very young artist, Laura portrays a very cultivated approach. She has a lot of scope to evolve further in her experiments and it’s rousing to wonder what more this fresh artist has to offer.

 

About The Artist: 

Laura Beatrice Marling, is a British folk artist who has also been an active member of bands like Noah and the Whale, The Rakes, Mystery Jets, Johnny Flynn and Mumford & Sons. Born in 1990, she released her debut album ‘Alas, I Cannot Swim’ in 2008

Laura has been recognized with awards like the Brit Awards 2011 (Best British Female artist) and the NME Awards 2011 (Best Solo Artist). She has successfully managed to carve a unique identity for herself in the nu-folk genre. Her music finds it’s strength in forceful lyrics and its simplicity. She recognizes her music as a cathartic outlet and something very personal.

Some other pieces worth listening to:

  • My Manic and I (album: Alas, I Cannot Swim)
  • Devil’s Spoke (Album: Alas, I Cannot Swim)

Other albums
  • I Speak Because I can
  • A Creature I don’t Know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments & feedback to make this site better

Follow the beat